Shared by Hadassah Shabnam Lal © 2017
President Trump has sent the following for help:
- Dispatched 140 helicopters
- 28 ships
- 6 Army field hospitals
- 3 Navy Seabee Battalions
- 5 US Army Combat Engineer Battalions
- 3 Civil Affairs battalions:
- 2 Nuclear Submarines capable of generating 2.8 Gigawatts of Power:
- Released 300,000 tons of food, medical supplies and water from Military stocks to Puerto Rico.
- Puerto Rico Governor Ricardo Rossello praised President Trump for his rapid response to Hurricane Maria, adding that the American island is still struggling to recover from “the biggest catastrophe in modern history for Puerto Rico.
- Gov. Rossello and other officials lauded President Trump and the Federal government for having a comprehensive relief plan in place before the storm hit.
- Resident Commission Jenniffer Gonzalez
- Puerto Rico’s non-voting congressional representative explained that President Trump’s response is a welcome change from previous administrations.
- “This is the first time we get this type of federal coordination,” she added.
- It's an island and ports were damaged and roads were impassable. The ships were waiting to dock to deliver the supplies.
- Trump didn't delay his response, they had to repair damage before the ships could dock.
- Now, there are tons and tons of supplies there but the local truck drivers aren't showing up to drive the trucks. Even if they did, I heard more than half the roads are damaged. So now they are airlifting in supplies to inaccessible areas.
- What more can Trump do?
- Puerto Rico’s main port opened Saturday allowing 11 ships stocked full of federal aid to dock.
- The ships delivered 23,000 cots, 1.6 million gallons of water, food, and generators. Many more ships are scheduled to arrive over the next few days.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) officials arrived with the ships and brought satellite phones to all of the island’s towns and cities.
Still, the media keeps pushing the narrative that the federal government, and Trump, is ignoring Puerto Rico because he hates Hispanics. In other words, fake news. How long are people going to keep falling for the same old lies? When are you going to realize you are being manipulated (willingly) so as to purposely divide the country.