© 10/2016 HadassahShabnamLal
Romance is often synonymous with Love. It is defined by the American heritage College Dictionary as A. “A love affair” B. ardent emotional attachment between two people; love. C. A strong, sometimes short-lived attachment, fascination, or enthusiasm.
Love is defined by same as 1. A deep, tender feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person such as that arising from kinship or a sense of oneness. A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair, a Love affair, an intense emotional attachment. A strong predilection or enthusiasm. Theologically: To have Charity for, out of compassion, with no thought of a reward, for love or money.
All of us who are staunch supporters of Mr. Donald J. Trump a businessman and billionaire hailing from New York are familiar with his very publicly private life as if such a thing is even possible are caught in a movement. As I have watched Mr. Trump over this past year, many things have caught my eye. The most compelling is his base of Patriotic American Supporters. There is a “Romance” here that connects all of us to Trump, a kinship that in spite of his riches, he is one of us.
He has been through the pain and hell of a very public divorce (more 50-60%) of Americans have been there or are going through it. Of the remaining 30-40% many more should go through it as I have witnessed excessive misery, control, abuse and pain, esp. in the circles of clergy who choose to stay married to put on a front.
For most of us, “Romance” eludes us. I like to think, that maybe it’s because our biggest lover, is the lover of our soul, our maker, our creator who is everything. In accepting Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior, Mr. Trump is about to embark on the biggest romantic journey of his life that he could ever imagine. He is going to find, that God placed his hand on Donald J. Trump before he was even born. God had a plan, a purpose and a love for him, unmatched by any human being. Mr. Trump’s “Romance” with America is beautiful; because he believes that we must unite as Children of God; as Americans, as Christians. There is a Oneness that we must all fight to preserve this “One Nation Under God, with Liberty and Justice for all.” Mr. Trump embodies true love for America as he wants no reward nor money. As he gets ready to experience the great romance of his life, he is demonstrating to America that there is something bigger than himself. He realizes that God has “called” him, and he has been qualifying him for precisely this moment. His heart, his mind and Spirit are connected to the Spirit of America, to that of the forefathers of this great country and Americans all across our nation who want to see America become Great Again, and once again become that “City on a Hill” per the words of Jesus Christ in Matthew 5:14.
In 20012 I met a young lady Julie Nickell after my call to ministry. Her parents Walt and Pam Bolinger sowed the very first “seed” into my message nearly fourteen years ago. Julie is an amazingly Christian Artist, Writer, and Performer. She and her husband have two beautiful children, and work alongside in ministry to the homeless and addicts. The first time I heard her song “Be There” I wept. I believe that this song is really “America’s Heart Cry” esp. those of us who have been through the “Fires of Adversity.” Mr. Trump, I hereby dedicate this song to you and what you are facing. Know that we love you as God’s people, we love America, and we are praying for you. God has been there for you through it all. Here are the words to this song.