© 2018 Hadassah Shabnam Lal
I am a 4th Generation Christian from Pakistan. My parents fled from Pakistan when my siblings and I were young children. It was my father’s desire to provide his children better lives, opportunities for education, success as well as prosperity that would not have been possible for us in Pakistan as Christians. As Americans we place our Hope in our God, as it is mentioned 129 times in the Bible which is the basis for our Judeo- Christian heritage as One Nation under God. I read somewhere that when a person arrives in this great country they can smell the freedom. Freedom permeates the very soul of America and drives heroes to sacrifice their lives in order to give ensuing generations’ as well present ones the opportunity to savor and cherish freedom. The Bible mentions freedom and liberty nearly 27 times. As you can surmise I love America. I became a proud United States Citizen in my early twenties. As a child, I was a witness to a war in Pakistan. Our family was forced to flee the city of Lahore and go to our familial village. There were blackouts every night as we heard planes overhead shooting bullets at each other. The sound of bullets hitting metal is not one I will ever forget. Most Americans will never have to experience that because they were born in America. Only our Troops have endured such noises not to mention war atrocities. We were also discriminated against as Christians in everyday things such as not getting our bread baked in a Public oven simply because we were Kefirs, (Infidels). Imagine my hurt at such injustices. I thank God every day that I live in the United States of America.
As a grown adult with a son, I watch in utter disgust as people especially Media attack our current President Donald J. Trump relentlessly as they break laws, lie, cheat, deceive and delete to bring Americans twisted narratives and quite literally “Fake News.” Real Journalism has died (with the exception of Fox News, CRTV and NEWSMAX TV) as gossip laden juicy information is packaged to look like news as they bombard Americans at the speed of light on the Internet. Social Media avenues are like piranhas hungry for the almighty dollar as they craftily write and use algorithms created to exploit psychological weaknesses and vulnerabilities the expense of unsuspecting victims while pocketing large profits. People have become a commodity where “stars are created overnight” and fade away as quickly. Sadly somewhere the American dream has faded at the expense of those who made it possible, the great generations which are rapidly aging as emphasis is placed upon superficial beauty rather than character and true citizenship which was the hallmark of past generations. We endured eight years of the most biblically hostile lawless presidency in the history of the United States of America. He and his wife both had their law licenses revoked as did the opponent who ran against President Trump along with her husband a former impeached disgraced lying President. When the honor of becoming a United States Citizen was conferred upon me, I was given a set of Canons to follow as guidelines for being an American citizen. I honestly believe with God as my Witness that every child in the United States of America needs to be schooled in the responsibilities of being the citizen of the greatest nation on the planet means. In contempt I have watched those who were placed in governmental authority break the very laws they were elected to govern us with. The Rule of Law became a laughing stock under the prior lying, cheating deceiving administration that was ripe in Lawlessness, disrespect and utter lies. Treasonous acts were the norm at the highest levels. To say that I along with other fellow patriots are angry at all of this is an understatement. I have seen these Canons broken by many who were born in America but show utter disrespect for this great nation the United States of America. Our National Anthem along with our Flag is routinely disrespected along with our Military and Law Enforcement. We have witnessed violent riots, and subversion by the Deep State. All of us need a reminder of our duties as Citizens of the United States. Thus I want to share these Canons with those born here and who love America and helped her resurrect from a Trip to the Cemetery with the election of President Donald J. Trump. May God bless and protect America along with our First Family. These Canons of American Citizenship were written and presented by the local State Bar Association.
Canons of American Citizenship
- Uphold the Laws of the United States, and the States and Communities
- Defend our country from invasion and our government from overthrow by force, violence, or Subversion. (As of the 2016 election, foolish idiots cited the 1st Amendment as a excuse to incite and encourage violence, and protests).
- Encourage respect for Law and Order and insist upon solutions of differences and grievances by processes of law and never resort to violence or other unlawful means.
- Support those charged with the enforcement and administration of our laws; voluntarily act as a witness and serve as a juror.
- Harbor no prejudice against anyone because of Race, Religion or National Origin. (As for the Democrat Party Liberals), this does not apply if you attack a White, Jew or a Christian).
- Maintain pride in Family, Heritage and Church as well as in Community, State and Nation. (Much of today’s people are Godless although statistics suggest 70% of U.S. is still Christian).
- Keep informed on issues and candidates, and vote in every election.
- Respect the rights and opinions of others.
- Participate in Religious, Charitable, and Civic, Educational or other activities to promote the welfare of the Community. (Nothing about riots is considered Community like).
- Acknowledge that ‘Responsibilities’ are as important as ‘Rights’ for the preservation of Freedom and Justice. (Irresponsibility by Democrat Leaders, Deep State Operatives, the FBI, DOJ and CIA have become part of the American problem, as well as corrupt and unpatriotic doing very little to protect Freedom as they serve no purpose or Justice).